Just Imagine, a short story by emcakes1290. Date added: 2008-08-24. Times viewed: 1213.
- Please SEND FEEDBACK - Writers love hearing from you. You can view the Authors profile here
- Intro: Imagine yourself immersed in the wonderful world of mother nature.
- You are walking down a quiet forest path. There's a cool breeze meandering its way past your body blowing wisps of hair in your face and wafting the smell of honeysuckle and creek water to your nose. You can feel the soft forest floor beneath you as you walk forward. Sun beams shoot through the canopy of the trees onto the leaf trodden ground. The pathway splits into two, one leading to an enormous field, the other leading to a small creek flourishing with life. You decide to go to the field where the trees stop and the sky becomes limitless. The sun is slowly sinking westward behind a grassy knoll. As the sun descends the sky transform its colors from shades of blue to lilac, goldenrod and salmon. Eventually, midnight blue seeps onto the canvas and swallows the night whole. One by one tiny flecks of light pop into the sky as the stars twinkle erupts. The once sundrenched field becomes wet with droplets of dew and you lie down. The ground is still warm from the hard day's sun and the cool wet grass on your arms and back sends refreshing tingles down your spine. The moon starts to rise past clouds that shimmer like silver dust when the soft light hits them. It continues to climb into the sky showing its enormous bright face that watches over our earth while we slumber. The crickets are chirping their summer song and the sly fox scurries beneath thickets trying to find a morsel to eat. The force of gravity pushes down on you to the core of the planet as you stargaze in the open field. You can hear the small creek's babble and an owl's soft hoot in the night. All is peaceful and still, but at the same time the forest is bustling with life in a world we find so mysterious. Small frogs investigate the open field searching for a cricket or worm and moths and bats dance in the dark sky, chasing one another, playing a game, until one looses of course. Field mice scurry across the thick grass and tunnel deep into the Earth's crust. The starry night sends shooting arrows of light soaring to the other side of the galaxy and back again without a sound and stars blink in and out of focus. The sky is such a velvety black it looks soft enough to touch with tiny crystals embedded into its fabric. Cool breezes sweep past your face, run down your body and over your toes in a rush to nowhere. The moon's craters are deep and flat and you have to question...how did it end up that way? Time slips away into nothingness and the hours roll by, each one kissing the sky with a soft beam of bright sunlight that push the stars back into the vast darkness. The Earth's rotation pushes our side of the world into the gift of a whole new day. The horizon explodes with light as the sun bursts with warmth. The brand new day has just begun and the cycle will continue on and on forever, and it truly is a gift because it never ceases to make people amazed, no matter how many times you experience it, there are no words to describe the beauty of simple nature.
- Use for below to send feedback to author - View the Authors profile here
- The following form will send feedback to the author about this short story, please enter your e-mail if you wish a reply (which is obviously at the authors own discretion)