List of short stories in the Cyberpunk category at short fiction - back to our genre list
- List of short stories by our resident authors within the Cyberpunk genre. Please do leave comments for the writers! Or how about visiting our Short Fiction Forum to chat about the site, stories, and authors?
- Cyberpunk (a portmanteau of cybernetics and punk) is a sub-genre of science fiction and dystopian fiction, focusing on advanced technology such as computers or information technology coupled with some degree of breakdown in the social order. The plot of cyberpunk writing often centres on a conflict among hackers, artificial intelligences, and mega corporations, tending to be set within a near-future Earth, rather than the "outer space" locales prevalent in science fiction at the time of cyberpunk's inception. The cities of this future typically have dystopian characteristics, but are also marked by extraordinary energy and diversity. Much of the genre's "atmosphere" echoes film noir, and written works in the genre often use techniques from detective fiction.
Top 10 Most Popular stories in this genre EVER!Author Legend (4238), Killing time in the Office (3441), Humanity (2834), Revelation (2784), Champ (2464), Hole in the Bucket (2107), Anomalistic Encounter (1934), lifeless (1677), The Mission part 1 (1404), Why Bri? (1313),
- Cyber Girl part 2, by Star Rose, Length in chars; 2,882
Date added: 2013-01-12 Total reads: 596
- Digital world, cyber city, cyber goth, conspiracy
- The Game, by R.J.Richards, Length in chars; 29,586
Date added: 2012-12-10 Total reads: 928
- Whom is playing whom in the new computer game Crime Wave? There is a brief instance of mild sexual content in this story.
- Cyber Girl part 1, by Star Rose, Length in chars; 3,332
Date added: 2012-12-04 Total reads: 923
- Feedback will be most welcome but be constructive. Dystopian society, cyber goth, sci-fi. All concepts are copyrighted.
- Twelve Scenes Viewed From Outer Space, by maxtherobot, Length in chars; 13,226
Date added: 2012-01-03 Total reads: 1067
- A fast-paced short story. Told in twelve mini-stages, each a numbered postmodern and stylistic sketch in the life of Bower living his life in a scary post-cyberpunk world. A bizarre darkly comedic, surreal and melancholic story dealing with politics, gender, love and artificial intelligence.
- Hole in the Bucket, by BJamez, Length in chars; 16,696
Date added: 2011-05-13 Total reads: 2107
- What happens when you don't know who to trust?
- Anomalistic Encounter, by James Lucien, Length in chars; 31,477
Date added: 2010-11-28 Total reads: 1934
- M/F, Gen
- The Mission part 1, by that girl, Length in chars; 4,961
Date added: 2010-03-21 Total reads: 1404
- the resistance makes an offense with a risky mission. the corp never knew what hit them.
- Author Legend, by NotoriousNGP, Length in chars; 9,356
Date added: 2010-02-19 Total reads: 4238
- Lord Irish is a man with a vision - to create a literary rhythm game like Guitar Hero. But the suits get more than they bargained for...
- Why Bri?, by Etanna, Length in chars; 9,180
Date added: 2010-02-18 Total reads: 1313
- In a world where mechanical "pin hole" eye implants are the rage, Brian struggles because of his preference to wear vintage spectacles..
- lifeless, by nemitorsis, Length in chars; 578
Date added: 2010-01-07 Total reads: 1677
- Humanity, by Tombombadil, Length in chars; 4,075
Date added: 2008-08-24 Total reads: 2834
- The last human alive, fighting. But why?
- Champ, by Novafix, Length in chars; 20,895
Date added: 2006-04-04 Total reads: 2464
- A company operative gets screwed over for trying to do the right thing.
- Killing time in the Office, by Novafix, Length in chars; 5,940
Date added: 2006-04-04 Total reads: 3441
- Killing time in the Office
- Revelation, by Novafix, Length in chars; 1,563
Date added: 2006-03-29 Total reads: 2784
- Ignorance is bliss and the truth kills.
- Thanks to the writers who have registered and submitted all the above short stories.