List of short stories in the Thriller category at short fiction - back to our genre list
- List of short stories by our resident authors within the Thriller genre. Please do leave comments for the writers! Or how about visiting our Short Fiction Forum to chat about the site, stories, and authors?
- Thriller fiction, sometimes called suspense fiction, is a genre of literature that typically entails fast-paced plots, numerous action scenes, and limited character development. It is sometimes called suspense fiction because of the heightened level of stress or excitement that it induces in the reader. Along with the aforementioned suspense fiction, it has more than a dozen sub-genres, including action-adventure thriller, techno-thriller, conspiracy thriller, medical thriller, serial killer thriller, political thriller, military thriller, romantic thriller, legal thriller, forensic thriller, and spy fiction.
Ten RANDOM stories from this genreEveline Turner: The Shooter, date added; 2014-12-21, Tattletale, date added; 2008-03-02, The Terrorist Fulcrum , date added; 2008-11-08, The Intruder, date added; 2011-09-24, Retribution Ch's 4,5, date added; 2009-05-20, Mitch Crowne II: The Betrayal, date added; 2015-03-09, The Followers, date added; 2008-12-01, Vertigo Redo, date added; 2012-12-23, This Old Man - chapter 6, date added; 2008-12-22, A Fat Womanâ€™s Revenge, date added; 2007-03-05,
Latest stories in this genre
- Jeremy Clegane: The Odd Couple, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-30 Total reads: 116
- 'Daddy's gonna go to work babe.' [2/10]
- Jeremy Clegane: The Rus, The Brit and The American, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-28 Total reads: 127
- 'Trouble found me.' [1/10]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Dangerous Man, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-25 Total reads: 103
- 'People like you don't get a chance to ask for forgiveness...' [8/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Hungarian Intersection, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-20 Total reads: 150
- 'I think you pissed off the wrong guy boss.' [7/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The First Standoff, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-16 Total reads: 262
- 'At least tell me who you are? It makes it easier to put a name on your grave.' [6/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Hospital Encounter (2), by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-14 Total reads: 215
- 'I don't know how many more she can handle before we're losing her.' [5/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Hospital Encounter, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-12 Total reads: 371
- 'Just ask yourself this question. Do you want help?' [4/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Betrayal, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-09 Total reads: 192
- 'The boss is in great danger.' [3/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Second Date, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-06 Total reads: 216
- 'Sounds to me like he's a pussy.' [2/8]
- Mitch Crowne II: The Woman in The Red Dress, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-03-04 Total reads: 307
- 'Who and what are you?!' Mitch asked furiously but still kept his manners. [1/8]
- Eveline Turner: The Exchange, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-01-12 Total reads: 272
- "He tried to punch her but she dodged and responded so fast that he couldn't even have enough time to regret his first attempt." [8/8]
- Eveline Turner: The Leap, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-01-06 Total reads: 316
- "A drainpipe, a house with a balcony across the huge wall. There was always another way. Better? The hell with better..." [7/8]
- A Seductive Night, by acidphreak
Date added: 2015-01-02 Total reads: 719
- M/F one on one
- Eveline Turner: The Conversation, by MacShayne
Date added: 2015-01-01 Total reads: 223
- 'Eveline Turner, how nice to see you again. Enjoying Malta lately?' [6/8]
- He Can Always Find You, by LarryFNigh
Date added: 2015-01-01 Total reads: 349
- In an age of intricate and mysterious technology, can we ever be left alone.
- Eveline Turner: The Assassination, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-12-26 Total reads: 240
- 'It wasn't me.' Mitch said before he threw away his phone. [5/8]
- Eveline Turner: The Shooter, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-12-21 Total reads: 238
- She had balls, he couldn't deny that. But she just signed her death sentence. [4/8]
- Eveline Turner: The List, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-12-16 Total reads: 229
- 'I had every reason to kill a vice president who endangered his own country and the people that voted for him.' [3/8]
- Eveline Turner: An Unknown Caller, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-12-11 Total reads: 282
- 'Hey, who is this?' a female asked after almost two minutes of silence. [2/8]
- Eveline Turner: The Beginning, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-12-07 Total reads: 300
- She turned around and looked right into Chief Holland's eyes. 'Six weeks ago you were visited by an extraordinary male, about 1.88 metres long and...' [1/8]
- Suburban Irritation, by LukeMason
Date added: 2014-10-25 Total reads: 483
- When two preachers disenchanted by the non-believers of society knock on Jeanette’s door, little does she know that she will be challenged to become a believer, whether she likes it or not.
- Mitch Crowne: The Goodbye, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-10-10 Total reads: 378
- 'But now that I solved the mystery and you guys are dealt with, I'll be happy to continue my journey.' [8/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Specialist, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-09-29 Total reads: 364
- 'No, but he likes a drink when it's past midnight.' [7/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Savage, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-09-24 Total reads: 433
- 'Alan, of course he's death. Look at the mess you made.' [6/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Shotgun, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-09-17 Total reads: 365
- Since he arrived, one person was killed, another went missing and a body was found outside the town. [5/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Suspect, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-09-12 Total reads: 371
- 'Someone taught me, you either get it or miss it, by a hair. I never miss Alan.' [4/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Affair, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-09-03 Total reads: 565
- 'Have you been a bad boy Alan?' [3/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Arrival, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-08-30 Total reads: 343
- 'Who is Mitch Crowne?' [2/8]
- Mitch Crowne: The Case, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-08-25 Total reads: 319
- 'They wanted him to leave. Will he?' [1/8]
- Nightcall, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-08-07 Total reads: 708
- 'I'm sorry, I can't sleep. Didn't mean to spook you.'
- 7th Sunday, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-06-16 Total reads: 839
- Revenge can change everything, but not the outcome...
- Bad Luck and Trouble, by MacShayne
Date added: 2014-04-02 Total reads: 845
- On his route to Miami, he was in the neighbour of Point Pleasant and decided to pay a visit...
- FRAUDULENT NYPD, by themessiah
Date added: 2014-03-06 Total reads: 798
- Revenge, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-12-15 Total reads: 1369
- First day out of prison, first answer to find...
- Spyder, by Lev821
Date added: 2013-11-14 Total reads: 796
- Everybody wants this invention, and those who know about it will stop at nothing to get it. What is it, and why is it so dangerous?
- The Stranger, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-11-11 Total reads: 1659
- She invited him for a date. But where is she and who is the strange man?
- The Beast Within., by OverExitedUnicorn
Date added: 2013-09-26 Total reads: 1509
- Just a short story, I will try to write more of Daughter of Mine ;)
- How To Catch A Monster, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-09-06 Total reads: 1011
- When The Punisher is in town, Cobra is called as cure...
- Only God Forgives, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-09-01 Total reads: 1151
- Are you worried about The Punisher?
- Vault, by Ransackle
Date added: 2013-07-26 Total reads: 1344
- A brother and sister are home alone. The doorbell rings...
- Ladies and gentlemen..., by Scubagoldstein
Date added: 2013-07-11 Total reads: 835
- A speech for the ages!
- Menage Ah, Moon, by murraylevy1
Date added: 2013-07-07 Total reads: 1306
- A haunted man witnesses a sex party and a murder through a window. He can't tell anyone.
- First Kill, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-06-25 Total reads: 1416
- They made one mistake...
- Ending The Curve, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-05-16 Total reads: 1235
- Knowledge is power they say, what could go wrong?
- Live With Stranger - part 1, by natureho
Date added: 2013-04-12 Total reads: 1149
- ... the dimming of the light... (part 29), by authorpeterhunter
Date added: 2013-01-21 Total reads: 1111
- ... but life goes on...
- Killing Them Softly, by MacShayne
Date added: 2013-01-12 Total reads: 4650
- A former FBI agent and father who should have died four years ago awakes from a coma. This time not looking for his daughter but on a serious killing spree! They cry, they plead, they beg. It gets embarrassing. I like to kill 'em softly.
- ... the dimming of the light... (part 22), by authorpeterhunter
Date added: 2013-01-06 Total reads: 1249
- ... fire fight...
- ... the dimming of the light... (part 21), by authorpeterhunter
Date added: 2013-01-01 Total reads: 1271
- ... the Colonel sets out...
- ... the dimming of the light... (part 20), by authorpeterhunter
Date added: 2012-12-30 Total reads: 1226
- ... the French have landed...
- Thanks to the writers who have registered and submitted all the above short stories.
** [ Next Stories ] **