List of short stories in the Travel category at short fiction - back to our genre list
- List of short stories by our resident authors within the Travel genre. Please do leave comments for the writers! Or how about visiting our Short Fiction Forum to chat about the site, stories, and authors?
- Stories about travel. Set in exotic or not so exotic locations. About the people, places, culture of far away countries.
Top 10 Most Popular stories in this genre EVER!Bus Ride (3212), Thank you for choosing Easy Jet (3064), A Rainy Day In Bangalore (2754), Different States (2638), Blue Monday (2196), Traffic (2170), The Puerto Rican Smile (2067), Lost in Bristol (1996), Vietnam vacation (1950), Coming and Going (1946),
- Perfect Storm, by MacShayne, Length in chars; 26,123
Date added: 2013-04-27 Total reads: 201
- A post-apocalyptic story about a man who travels to New Orleans to find his lost love again by putting his own life in danger.
- Blue Moroccan Morning, by Paolo, Length in chars; 2,293
Date added: 2013-02-12 Total reads: 588
- Being flushed back to life in the desert.
- Mozambique the hard way., by Paolo, Length in chars; 11,492
Date added: 2013-02-08 Total reads: 271
- Dodging rebels, muggers and malaria.
- The Healthiest Kind Of Relationship, by E. Kollenhausen, Length in chars; 13,520
Date added: 2013-01-23 Total reads: 387
- A short, hopefully tightly constructed narrative.
- Long Walk Home, by MacShayne, Length in chars; 18,715
Date added: 2012-12-09 Total reads: 1480
- It's two days before Christmas 2014, when a snowstorm like in 1979 arrives in The Netherlands. The storm causes public transport to shut down and no traffic possible above Zwolle. However some people dont give up being with family at Christmas evening and walk the Long Walk Home.
- stoned fish traveling sideways everyday, by uranusurhonor, Length in chars; 7,477
Date added: 2012-12-05 Total reads: 335
- Daytripping to the Dead Sea, by ambigram0, Length in chars; 3,550
Date added: 2012-11-15 Total reads: 615
- A day trip to the Dead Sea with a Jordanian and his family.
- The Long Bar, by tjmobbs, Length in chars; 10,762
Date added: 2012-10-17 Total reads: 765
- Lost in Singapore.
- Dude learns a Trade, by StevenHunley, Length in chars; 32,005
Date added: 2012-09-21 Total reads: 621
- Dude is initiated into the coke trade by an old-timer and sets out for Lima
- The Puerto Rican Smile, by 44minimum, Length in chars; 19,285
Date added: 2012-02-28 Total reads: 2067
- An unforgettable vacation in the tropics
- The Istanbul Incident, by BobboFCM, Length in chars; 24,771
Date added: 2011-06-07 Total reads: 1689
- Two Sailors in Turkey
- Vietnam vacation, by Alicia23, Length in chars; 1,722
Date added: 2011-05-08 Total reads: 1950
- watching a young girl's life end
- Different States, by Zealey, Length in chars; 329,329
Date added: 2011-04-28 Total reads: 2638
- A travelog of my driving odyssey across the USA from New York to San Francisco, very long, very personal... very welcome ;)
- A Rainy Day In Bangalore, by emailraku, Length in chars; 2,917
Date added: 2011-02-27 Total reads: 2754
- A romantic evening in Bangalore
- Peering Through the Fence, by Mohammed, Length in chars; 12,078
Date added: 2010-08-03 Total reads: 1289
- In waiting, we become obsessed with brewing the very numerous possibilites: the fictitious perplexing story of mine as I stand right behind the Rafah-Egypt fence, waiting for my brother's arrival.
- Thank you for choosing Easy Jet, by das_ginger, Length in chars; 3,172
Date added: 2010-07-09 Total reads: 3064
- A routine plane journey is more exciting than it appears
- TRAVAILS OF THE TRAVEL, by bhaskaranjha, Length in chars; 12,563
Date added: 2010-03-22 Total reads: 1081
- It is a tale of travails which tormented the traveller throughout his journey
- Bus Ride, by Juice Box, Length in chars; 802
Date added: 2010-02-07 Total reads: 3212
- The worlds loss, by Noel, Length in chars; 914
Date added: 2009-11-26 Total reads: 1492
- Very short story
- Under western eyes, by James Andebeer, Length in chars; 9,520
Date added: 2009-11-03 Total reads: 1050
- After the Wall came down...
- Kassiopi, by littleshazzy, Length in chars; 5,267
Date added: 2008-10-21 Total reads: 1325
- travel, life
- Blue Monday, by foxwriter, Length in chars; 3,290
Date added: 2008-08-24 Total reads: 2196
- A weekend journey proving bad weather does not spoil a break.
- Living a Dream, by Sharkbyte, Length in chars; 9,813
Date added: 2008-08-03 Total reads: 1856
- Amsterdam Bob, by weevil, Length in chars; 19,149
Date added: 2008-03-26 Total reads: 1410
- A trip to Amsterdam is plagued by a chaotic tramp who inadvertantly brings two friends back together.
- Kimberley, by DanGreathead, Length in chars; 6,867
Date added: 2007-10-17 Total reads: 1762
- Kimberley - An outsiders view
- Abu Road, by Paolo, Length in chars; 1
Date added: 2007-10-07 Total reads: 1520
- Lost in Bristol, by Robb, Length in chars; 16,027
Date added: 2007-07-07 Total reads: 1996
- Lost in Bristol
- Palookaville Is Never Far Away , by tensaddler, Length in chars; 14,139
Date added: 2007-05-23 Total reads: 1395
- Friends in America with some real characters and real crushes, with added drugs and ending that stops it all.
- Coming and Going, by DominicLight, Length in chars; 15,717
Date added: 2006-10-08 Total reads: 1946
- A journey through Java and Sumatra
- Dhaka Delirium, by DominicLight, Length in chars; 15,231
Date added: 2006-10-08 Total reads: 1559
- Traffic, by DominicLight, Length in chars; 10,325
Date added: 2006-10-08 Total reads: 2170
- Thanks to the writers who have registered and submitted all the above short stories.